California Aerosol Transmissible Disease (ATD) Guide
- California Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal OSHA)
- Resource Updated:
- Apr. 01, 2020
About this Resource
Assists employers with understanding and meeting the requirements of the Cal/OSHA Aerosol Transmissible Diseases standards. Details cover effective written safety plans, personal protective equipment (PPE) and employee training.
Licensed healthcare professionals responsible for developing and implementing a written Aerosol Transmissible Disease (ATD) Exposure Control Plan specific to their workplace and their work operations.
- Designed to assist employers with meeting the requirements of the Cal/OSHA ATD Standard to reduce the risk of ATD infection to their employees
- Lists airborne transmissible diseases and pathogens that require protection for employees
- Breaks down ATD standards into easy-to-follow steps
- Contains links to ATD Exposure Control Plan template that is customizable to help employers create their own written procedures.