Found 47 results
Healthcare professionals, physicians, clinicians, practitioners, nurses
- Weekly surveillance of COVID-19 and influenza like illnesses, including RSV
- Links to other COVID-19 resources including COVID-19 provider hub, testing, and reporting
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report
Clinicians, physicians, nurses, healthcare professionals
- Provider hub for monkeypox
- Latest updates on monkeypox, including information on clinical evaluation, reporting, testing, and vaccines
- Clinical consultation-provider line
- Information on infection control, PPE, specimen collection, healthcare worker exposure, and home isolation
General public, healthcare professionals
- Travel information for Uganda
- General information on Ebola virus disease
- Links to additional CDC resources for the Ebola virus disease
Those working in emergency medical services (EMS) providing pre-hospital care: 911 Providers, Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT), Paramedics, Medical Dispatch
- Provides patient assessment and transportation guidelines on patients suspected with the Ebola Virus Disease
- Includes information on disease symptomatology and level of personal protective equipment
- Provides instructions on notification
All healthcare personnel
- Information on how to receive the monkeypox vaccine
- Includes current number of probable and confirmed cases in LA County
- General information on monkeypox disease including signs and symptoms, transmission, prevention, and treatment.
- Information on testing for monkeypox
Health care employers, health care administrators, health care workers
- Provides information specific to California regulations on COVID-19 for health care worker safety
- Lists all current and revised Cal/OSHA emergency temporary standards on COVID-19 infection prevention
- Links to Cal/OSHA and Statewide guidance and resources on COVID-19 by industry including health care facilities and mortuary and funeral homes
All healthcare personnel wanting to know more about the monkeypox disease.
- Information on monkeypox from California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- Provides updated number of probable and confirmed cases in California
- Includes a comparison table between monkeypox and COVID-19
Healthcare personnel seeking guidance on SARS-CoV-2 testing
This document provides guidance on the different types of viral tests for SARS-CoV-2 available in the United States and their intended uses. It does not address issues regarding payment for or insurance coverage of such testing.
This guide is intended to help government and non-governmental leaders, local emergency medical services, emergency managers, hospitals, healthcare providers, laboratories, environmental services workers, waste management companies and workers, and related stakeholders safely handle, inactivate, transport, and dispose of Category A waste.
- Provides key information about procedures and regulations regarding Category A waste
- Addresses planning for Category A waste management activities, including considerations for developing, evaluating, and revising organizational (e.g., hospital) or jurisdictional (e.g., state, territorial, or local) plans
- Presented in sections that break down waste management activities according to responsibilities as waste is moved from its point of generation to its place of disposal
- Appendices provide users with information about pathogens classified as Category A infectious substances, decision making for waste treatment and disposal activities, communicating effectively about safe waste management and associated issues, and additional related resources.
Healthcare facilities sending specimens to LACDPH
LACDPH official forms used for requesting testing of specimens at the county public health laboratory.