Implementing Respiratory Protection Programs In Hospitals: A guide for Respirator Program Administrators
- Los Angeles County
- California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- Resource Updated:
- May. 01, 2012
About this Resource
A California Department of Public Health (CDPH) document providing hospitals in California with a tool for developing and implementing effective respiratory protection programs, with an emphasis on protecting health care workers from aerosol transmissible diseases (ATDs).
Licensed healthcare professionals responsible for developing and implementing a respiratory protection program for aerosol transmissible diseases and airborne hazardous materials at their facility.
- This guide is a tool to help California hospitals/healthcare facilities develop and implement an effective respiratory protection program
- Emphasis on the healthcare setting
- Practical step-by-step manual
- Contains resources for training for respirator program administrator
- Lists diseases requiring airborne precautions and droplet precautions