Respiratory Protection Guidance
- California Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal OSHA)
About this Resource
Cal/OSHA code of regulations for respiratory protection at the workplace, standards for a Respiratory Protection Program, and requirements for evaluating respiratory hazards and the use and selection of respirators.
Licensed healthcare workers who would like to view the California Code of Regulations, Title 8, Section 5144, Respiratory Protection: Guide to Respiratory Protection at Work
- Cal/OSHA code of regulations for respiratory protection at the workplace
- Standards for developing and implementing a Respiratory Protection Program
- Requirements for employers to evaluate respiratory hazards in the workplace, respirator use, and respirator selection
- Minimum requirements for medical evaluation that employers must implement to determine the employee's ability to use a respirator.